If you are starting to invest on your skin care routine, you might want to first assess which areas or problems you want to target. For example, if you have large pores that are prone to blackheads, whiteheads, and acne breakouts, you can try investing in the top 10 skin care products in Malaysia that contain AHA/BHA in them.
What do the components AHA/BHA mean?
AHA stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid while BHA is for Beta Hydroxy Acid. These two chemicals or skin care ingredients are known exfoliants that offer the skin many benefits than your normal exfoliating creams, gels, or wash. The difference between the two is that AHA works for normal to dry skin types, while BHA targets normal to oily skins. While they both work to remove impurities and dead skin cells, BHA is more invasive, as it works from within the pores, revealing a more natural and healthy looking complexion.
What are the benefits of using AHA?
There are actually numerous benefits that AHA can give to your skin with regular use, some of them are:
- Minimizing the appearance of ageing by getting rid of dry, dead skin cells
- Making the skin look and feel firmer
- Hydrating dull looking skin both from the inside and outside
- Clarifies the complexion
- Reduces the appearance of millia, or those small bumps appearing on the face
What are the benefits of using BHA?
Although AHA and BHA look similar, they still have specific functions that are not provided by the other and vice versa. Among the unique components of BHA are:
- A good choice when you want to deal with pores clogged with dirt and impurities
- Targets several signs of advanced ageing
- Targets and removes the appearance of blackheads and whiteheads
- Minimizes and tightens your pores
- Used when dealing with troubled and temperamental skin—or those skin that suffers from other conditions such as rosacea.
- Has a soothing effect that most skin care enthusiasts love
What are the things that you should note when using products with these properties?
AHA and BHA are both very sensitive to the sun, so it is best to use sunscreen before going out. You might be wondering if you can use both products—the answer is yes, there is no harm when you want to incorporate both into your skin care routine and there is also nothing wrong if you prefer using just only one.
Apply AHA or BHA directly after toning to further enhance their benefits.
Concentrate on those areas that are deemed more problematic than the rest of your skin to balance its effects.
Nowadays, AHA and BHA are preferred because of their promising effects on the skin. These two key ingredients in most skin care products are very promising—although most AHA and BHA containing products are costly, they are surely worth the investment.